Phase 1-Manager-Office Update

Phase 1 Project Update– Nearly all of the 8” pipeline is in place from the storage tank location to a point at the northern portion of Kline as of early August. The lateral lines down CR 126 and 129 are partially installed and work continues. A subcontractor who is doing the bores under roads and ditches has been working ahead of the pipeline contractor. No meter pits have been set at this time and the general contractor will be coming back to install these at locations that have been staked after consultation with subscribers. The tank contractor has constructed the roadway into the tank site, poured the foundation for the tank and begun assembly of the tank, which should progress fairly quickly. 

Manager-The LPWWA Board is very pleased to announce that we have engaged Renee Lewis as our General Manager. Renee comes to us with nearly 7 years of experience at the Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District and has much experience in project management and water system operations, along with a strong legal background.

LPWWA Office– The LPWWA Board is also very thankful for the donation of a slightly less than two acre parcel at the north edge of Kline, which will be a location for our office, which we hope to have set up by sometime this fall. We will start with a construction office trailer and donated office furniture and equipment to provide the functionality we need at as low of a cost as possible. We are also considering options and looking at funding options for a water fill station at that location as well. 


• Subscribers seeking a contractor will find the names on the web site, no list of subscribers will be given out to contractors it is up to the subscriber to enlist help.
• Ken Spence announced he would be leaving the board at the end of the year, but wished to stay on to help with website & future phases committee as an advisor.
• The construction phase for the tank sight will be starting up and conversation with the Phase 1 engineers on the progress of the overall project was reported and discussed.
• The Board Manual updates were approved which includes meeting notices and voting via phone or digitally.
• Manager interviews with a possible selection are in process at this time.
• Working to engage ASAP to help set up office/bookkeeping system/reporting/billings.
• We are in the process of setting up an office building site to be available for use later this year. This building will house our manager and bookkeeper/office personnel, board meetings and for our customers.

2/13/19 Board Meeting Highlights

·         We are in the process of getting our books and office in order for taking on water customers and billings.

·         We are writing RFP’s for the positions of Manager and/or Bookkeeper.

·         A RFP for a procurement audit of Phase 0 is in the process of being prepared.

·         Phase 1 construction will start back up when the snow lets up.

·         Phase 0 is in the final close out stages for completion of the project.