The board is still working to get all parts of the USDA Letter of Conditions completed. Easements are still an issue. If you have a pipe going across your property please be sure and get us your easement. Using your easement instead of a County Right of Way will save about $1 per foot in installation costs. A dollar may not sound like much but when you consider 190,000 feet of pipe that would be a $190,000 savings to all of us as subscribers. It should also be noted that there will be much less impact to traffic on the county roads if we can use private easements, as the flagging and traffic control requirements will be much lower than if we have to use County Road rights of way. Please call (970) 403-5790 if you have any questions regarding easements.
As of this time Phase 0 is making good progress. All of the 30” pipe from Lake Nighthorse to CR 210 is complete. 16” pipe is done from CR 210 to CR 141 except for a small section at the 210 & 141 intersection. Starting on Oct. 2 the 16” pipe will be put along CR 141 to CR 125. Traffic delays can be expected but probably won’t last more than a week. You also may have noticed powerlines going in along CR 210. Those are to supply power for the pump station at the lake. At this time Phase 0 should be completed in Jan. 2018.
First National Bank of Durango will be our Construction Loan provider for Phase 1. Having the construction loan financing in place before going to bid is one of the requirements of our Letter of Conditions for our USDA funded project. Many thanks to First National Bank of Durango!
We will be following up on easements again as it is one of the conditions that must be met for the USDA Letter of Conditions. If we’ve contacted you previously regarding easements and you have questions, please get in touch with us so we can answer your questions or help get you in touch with a notary to complete the easement form. We are starting the final stage of getting all the easements defined and complete and only have a short period of time to complete this process, along with all the other required items. Thank You in advance and please call (970) 403-5790 or a board member that has contacted you in the past. Click here to ask a question or get contact information.
Phase 1 is moving ahead based on 149 sign ups. Over the next two months, we will be finishing up Final Design and completing other items required in the USDA Letter of Conditions. We expect these will be done by the end of September, so we should be able to bid the project shortly after that.