New News!!! HERE
LPWWA has approved a CORA policy see Documents/Policies tab.
New information for Subscribers regarding connecting with intent of keeping the use of your cistern from the Colorado Department of Public Health’ Please see: Here
- CONGRATULATIONS, LaPata West Water Authority is pleased to announce that the final stages of construction are being completed with lines being pressure tested and treated.
- The project is to be handed over to the Authority in early July and water to the meters will follow.
- A future phase(s) engineer is in the works of being hired to take this project to the next level and to assure future tap holders we are continuing to work towards the future for our community’s sustainability. We are being encouraged to continue this project since the government wants to help fund water projects. Water projects are deemed essential and that is how we have been able to continue during this pandemic and complete Phase 1 of our water line.
- A rate study has been completed and after many hours the board has come up with a monthly rate. This has been a very hard decision and one that has not been taken lightly.
- We are in the stages of setting up our monthly billing system and will be sending out a trial statement for information only. This statement will share additional information regarding your billing and how the monthly rate is determined. We will be asking for you to respond so that we can get the billing set up to each subscriber need.
- The board continues to meet through out the month to meet the immediate demand to get our water flowing and we appreciate the community support in these efforts. Our next meeting willth
be June 24 . Please contact us to help us achieve our future goals.
CONGRATULATIONS! WATER IS READY TO FLOW
La Plata West Water Authority is pleased to announce that the water line/system will be flowing soon and in full use by July. We want to thank all of the subscribers for supporting this project and seeing it through! We will now be able to sustain our community for today and the future.
The LPWWA Board of Directors have been working hard with a rate study consultant to come up with the monthly fee that will allow us to set aside a modest amount of reserves for emergencies, meet our monthly payment obligation to USDA, and maintain operations of this part of the system that will serve 154 subscribers. We are a not-for-profit organization that has spent many hours trying to keep the rate as low as possible without compromising the operation of our new water system.
During the board meeting held May 27, 2020, the board of directors adopted the monthly rate of $175.00 per month which will include 3000 gallons of water. If a subscriber’s water usage goes over 3000 gallons, an additional $25 will be charged per 1000 gallons over the initial 3000 gallons allotted in the basic rate. We will be able to monitor the water line 24/7, and we will be able see where there are spikes that could be possible breaks or other issues.
The billing will be performed online, and you will be able to receive your monthly statement via e-mail or USPS mail. We will need to confirm with every user as to your preference so that we can update our information with current and correct data on our system. This system will also allow you to pay your bills online or pay by mail back to the Authority. Please contact us to verify current service address of water meter, current billing address for subscriber, phone number, and current e-mail address.