Click here to see an article in the Durango Herald on 7/7/18 titled “Lake Nighthorse water makes it to western La Plata County”
• At the recent meeting of the Board of Directors for the La Plata West Water Authority, there was JOY within the committee when announced that the Phase I construction loan was opened on June 14th, this is the beginning of our waterline to Southwest La Plata County.
• The PR Committee is currently looking for an official name for the Intake Structure location at Lake Nighthorse, something that could indicate additional names that would show the different phases as the project grows.
• Meetings with the fire department, sheriff’s department and the Durango police department have taken place to insure that security is covered at the intake structure along with the security cameras we have in place at Lake Nighthorse.
• A new committee has been formed to look at a manager and/or bookkeeper for LPWWA waterline project to determine which direction this position should take along with a job description. This committee will report back in July.
• LPWWA is always in need of help and input for our future phases. Please contact one of the board members here if you can help!
LPWWA is currently soliciting for bids for the Rural Distribution Pipeline and Blue Hill Tank Project. Please see bid advertisement here. Phase 1 Bid Advertisement
- At the recent meeting of the Board of Directors for the La Plata West Water Authority, changes to the addenda were presented and approved to the Rules and Regulations and are effective 5-9-18. The Rules and Regulations are available on the website, LPWWA.org.
- The PR Committee is currently getting logistics in order for a completion ceremony for Phase 0. Planning is also in the works for an August 4thBBQ/Meeting for the Water Users in Phase 1. Details forthcoming on both events.
- The water purchase from Animas La Plata Water Conservancy District (ALPWCD) is in the works as the specifics of payment and closing terms get worked out.
- Efforts are continuing for consideration of the “Office Property” which include many possibilities on the site such as a construction project office, staging area for the contractor, water dock location, and potential LPWWA office. Many logistics are being considered ad explored for surveys, permits, etc.
- LPWWA is always in need of help and input for our future phases. Please contact one of the board members (contact info on the website) if you can help!