Click Here for an important notice about your drinking water.
LPWWA – Meeting Bullet Points
NOVEMBER 10, 2021
- Office site trailer is in place, it will be tied down and skirted along with some much-needed TLC to get updated and clean.
- Overage rates are being reviewed for the 2022 year and will be discussed at the December meeting.
- Phase II of the water project is still in the works – we NEED community members to help promote and work on the Phase II project to add more water users to the system and bring water to other parts of our community.
- The budget for 2022 can be reviewed at our attorney’s office located at: Colorado Water and Land Law, LLC, 679 E. 2nd Avenue, Unit 11B, Durango, Colorado. Our Budget Hearing is December 15th.
- A few reminders:
- Account number is your Meter number
- Water issues &/or hookups – contact Dave Marsa at 970-946-5274 (please allow a 24 hour response time)
- Billing or account questions – contact Deb Flick at 970-769-5839 or email@example.com
Click here to view the current budget information.
Please click here to read an important announcement about your drinking water
Show support for La Plata West Water Authority’s request for a Water Fill Station in proximity to the Fort Lewis Elementary School! We have requested LPC ARPA funding to purchase the equipment. Help the community and help keep LPWWA’s water flowing.
County seeks public input on ARPA funds disbursement
La Plata County will host a virtual public meeting to gather community input on the disbursement of funds received via the American Recovery Plan Act (ARPA). The meeting will be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Sept. 15. Attendees may access the meeting via this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83630373241?pwd=VS9FSlpIN0dqRHR4TVJoY0tWdFdNdz09
The county will receive approximately $10.9 million in ARPA funds and the Board of County Commissioners is seeking comments and suggestions from the public as to the best use of the funds. A supporting document from the National Association of Counties defines the eligible uses for the funds and can be viewed at https://www.naco.org/resources/featured/us-treasury-interim-final-rule-guidance-state-and-local-fiscal
Following the public meeting, county residents may weigh in via an electronic form – https://forms.laplata.co.us/Forms/ARPA. County staff will compile the submissions and make a recommendation to the BoCC, who will ultimately decide later this fall how the funds will be distributed.
For more information, please contact Ted Holteen, Public & Governmental Affairs Manager, at (970) 382-6265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.